I found the 74hc299 shift register was giving me fits, so I removed it for now and wired the data bus temporarily directly to the arduino to work through reading and writing to ram. I started by writing a repeating but easily distinguishable pattern to the ram to make sure it can write to all the ram and read it back. 64kb in 2 chips of 32kb.
I can come back later and add the shift register back.
I then patched the 6502 emulator code to read and write to the RAM. There seems to be some slower performance that I am tracking down. I hope that the shift register performance isnt too slow. I did notice that splitting the address into two bytes by doing bitshift seems slow. And I haven’t started figuring out what to use for rom or sdcard, and memory mapping.
I have to collect up the links for the EHBasic project and the Arduino 6502 project I based my modifications on. I do plan on cleaning up the code and posting it.